Sunday, April 1

Bunnies in the moonlight!

I am in a very strange world (same physical properties, completely different ethos) when I make friends with a midget. We both went to school in the same castle, which looked a bit like Suzzallo but with real marble. One day I am at the midget's cave, which not surprisingly is midget-sized, such that I must squat considerably to walk around. We decide to go shopping together, and so we head out to the local open air mall. There we find a stall selling small stuffed animals. I am captured by the rows of pink ducks, blue bears, pandas and bunnies. I like the bunnies in particular, so the midget buys me a few, which was very nice of him. And as the man is packaging up the bunnies in a brown paper bag, I get the sense that these bunnies were once alive, not in a "taxidermied" sense, but by some sort of transmutational trick. This sentiment is shared by the midget, but we say nothing.

Heading back toward the midget's cave, we take a detour to an acquaintance's house; she breeds bunnies while not attending school with us. Why the midget wanted to go here I am not sure, but I notice at the end of the trip, the acquaintance's bunnies are fewer in number.

Back at the midget's cave, it grows late and I decide it is too dark to head home so we end up having a sleep over. We sleep on the floor of an even shorter cave with one window, the bag of bunnies rest between us. Now the midget reveals that he is in fact a magical midget! I can't sleep yet because when the moonlight hits the brown paper bag, all the bunnies will become real rabbits! And so I wait. As it turns out, the midget was right, but the live bunnies couldn't last forever. I let them fall asleep on me as I doze off. In the morning, I look for the bunnies but find that they are no longer asleep on top of me. Inside the bag the bunnies have turned into french fries! This does not bother the midget and I, so we make a lunch of these french fries. The larger french fries we do not eat, because presumably these are the stolen bunnies that were alive in the first place.

The next day, the midget and I are by a pond with the paper bag. We throw the remaining french fries into the pond - which looked like Monet's, the one with the water lilies. From the water spouts a metallic contraption, it is rather architectural and very tall. At the other side of the pond our acquaintance grows angry. She knows that we have stolen her bunnies and so she throws a bunny onto the ground where it begins drawing the metallic parts to it through some act of animal magnetism, pardon my pun. All the metal parts join up to form a gigantic robot bunny with a large saw attached to its arm. The bunny starts the saw and begins to chase us with its fierce rotating blade.

No comments: