Sunday, April 29

Characters Having Recently Appeared In Something Else

I dash up the dirt path, there is someone I have to warn.

I see him! The dog-boy, a dirty, wild child of about six stands in the middle of the path up ahead. I slow my pace, but as I approach the boy backs away. All the while, I try to make him understand that he is in great danger, but he is not familiar with spoken language. When I get too close, he belligerently throws dog poop at me. I cringe, but thankfully his aim is quite poor. As I raise my head again, I see him dash off on a side path. I follow him, entering a winding maze of ground cover. I pick my way after him. His filthy little backside disappears into the trees at the bottom of the slope, and a crack of lightning announces the arrival of the person I was trying to warn him about.
It is Tommy Lee Jones. "Where is the boy?" he booms, glaring at me from the top of the hill. I shake my head. He starts down the path after me. I panic and dive down the hill, and reaching the bottom, I pull out my lighter and hold it to a leaf of the ground cover. The plant being very flammable, or soaked in gasoline, the entire clearing goes up in flame. I don't know if Tommy Lee Jones escapes a firey doom, but the dog-boy is safe for now.

No comments: