Saturday, April 28

Orange Italian Soda

I am working, and English Major as ordered an orange italian soda, but according to protocol, italian sodas now involve sprinkles and seven-up. Damn, just when i was getting comfortable with the things. I think there is orange sherbet in the glass already, and I pour way too many multicolored sprinkles in so that only a few ounces of soda fit in the glass and it fizzes and overflows.
Wait, that is what would have happened if I ad already added the soda. I am still staring at a glass of sherbet and sprinkles. Why couldn't I just have gone back to before I put the sprinkles in? I scrape some of the top sprinkles off.

Nate materializes beside me with the girl he is dating in dream world. Her face is alarmingly close to mine- her hair as been bleached and dyed red, but faded to bright orange. Her eyebrows and eyelashes are the same color, and her eyes are alarmingly shiny and black. I start to introduce myself, but she is already gone, announcing that she needs to go to the bathroom and suddenly skipping off. She moves in a way that reminds me of a moth, and it makes feel anxious.
Nate follows her movement with his eyes, chuckling and explaining that he has been with her for the past couple weeks. He seems to be enjoying the experience but I suspect it will soon become more like caring for a mental patient.

No comments: