Thursday, May 17

My bike is in the shop right now

I have picked up my bike, newly repaired, near the north end of campus and plan on riding it back to Parrington lawn, where I live with my mother. I don't have a helmet, and wonder if I should really ride it because something is bound to go wrong if I'm feeling paranoid. I decide it's time to take a chance, so I get on and push off. Somehow I end up immediately turning down a road that is marked "Access to Authorized Vehicles Only". I decide now is a good time to test my brakes, so I do, and but I'm not able to slow down much. I almost continue down the forbidden road, but decide to get off. It's a good thing I did, because when I look I see that the brakes haven't really been fixed. I knowledgable voice echoes in my head about proper braking, and I feel guilty that I may have ruined the brakes. But no one ever told me!

I walk it home to the lawn and go in to work. The rest of this dream is really the most stressful dream about work I've had yet, and it mainly consists of me repeatedly making bad shots and almost poisoning customers for about a half an hour until I wake up.

No comments: