Thursday, May 17

A Day

I am in a hurry to go somewhere, sitting on the ground, Kathryn urges me to hurry and I look for my shoes. I grab the nearest ones, which are Alex's smelly Sambas, and lace them as tight as they will go. I figure he won't mind, and then he walks in looking for his shoes. I yell that I have to borrow them and run off before he can object.

I am on my way to class behind Smith, and I spot Kris ahead locking up his bike. I quicken my pace to get a sort of running start into hug. My huge shoes flop as I run, making an echoing noise on the pavement, which catches Kris' attention. He turns around and laughs at me. The sun is very bright.

I am visiting Mt. Rainier's IB science class in Communications where I usually have French. I remember feeling disappointed that my version of the same class was taught by a professor who didn't care and never gave us interesting labs.

No comments: