Saturday, March 10

Vegetables Are Superior to Books

We visit the library to do some research. It is actually more of a museum gift shop, with all sorts of useless things on display, but still we manage to check out some of the things we need. Two-year-old cousin Joey insists that we purchase a book on the viking raiders and their boats, but it is a work of art, practically, and I do not have enough money to buy something like that, especially for a two-year-old. I make him put it back, placating him by telling him we will buy some bell peppers later.
I am riding my tricycle out of the library parking lot at night, when I see Holly, heading into the library, probably to do research on the same project. I ask if she wants to come buy bell peppers with us, but she declines. I shrug my shoulders in a "your funeral" manner and pedal away.
It is daytime now. Having procured our bell peppers, we are having a picnic under some overarching rock formations on the mud flats. We eat hurriedly, as the tide will soon come back in.

No comments: