Monday, March 26

I'm magical!

It is world history AP and I'm in Ms. Oglesby's class once again with some of my new college peers. Class begins with a queue, a strange experience for a desk loving creature. We are instructed to focus our energies at The Stone. I am very short so it takes me a while to see what The Stone appears to be. It is a light blue fleck of mineral, and occasionally when a student approaches it emits a pulse of a more intense blue. The students producing such reactions were awarded oohs and ahhs by both classmates and teacher alike. Finally it is my turn and I really have no idea what it is I'm doing, but it appears very mystical so I begin to think "mystically." I suppose it worked because when I opened my eyes the classroom was in awe and the stone was emitting the most pure blue ever conceived of in that shaky construct "reality."

Ms. Oglesby ushers me out of the class and tells me to come back later that night. When I do come back, she takes me down to the basement, which curiously isn't a basement, it's another floor filled with classrooms. Inside an empty classroom there is a curious group of people, appearing quite random. I see my friend Chris from Existentialism 270, apparently he produced a reaction in the stone too, but I'm sure it was nothing like mine. The Stone we were shown in class was but a fragment of an even larger, more powerful stone, towards which we were now to line up in a spiral and individually focus our energies. The Bigger Stone is now palm sized. The line begins and I am at the end. Suddenly The Bigger Stone morphs into a pyramid, it is about my height, with a polar bear head for the top triangular cap. This head glows bright blue when students approach. Chris goes to focus his energies, but instead something goes wrong and he ends up hugging the pyramid and yelling, "It's mine! It's mine!" The adults take him away and I head forward. I focus my energies (still not knowing what this means exactly) towards the stone, and suddenly I am at once grounded - feeling as if light and blueness and electricity are flowing through my body, and floating high above the earth - through the air over a city, at times like Spokane and at times like Las Vegas.

No comments: