Wednesday, July 11

Fever 1

The new Harry Potter book came out with its movie simultaneously.
The movie is playing in my head and I am forced to watch, but in order to not ruin it completely, I am determined to read the book along with it.
I am also in the movie, or the world, I think, and all the characters slide around on vines draped between decaying green ruins. I find it difficult to keep up, both physically, and with my reading. I get frustrated when the events around me deviate from the events described in the book, and as I wail to Hermione about it, I almost get struck by a curse.
I lose my path through the vines cris-crossing up between the tall walls, and my vision begins to fail. I can no longer make out the words of the book and I have no idea what will happen next. I get the feeling that the words are rearranging themselves.

No comments: